The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

999/2000 on Bring a Trailer

4orced4door

click

I've been inactive here for a long time but saw this VR4 pop up on BaT. I don't see a for sale listing or other info here. Looks like it's in pretty good overall condition, in CA for 2/3 of it's life so minimal rust even though it's in WI now. Fairly heavily modded but I suppose most of them are these days. I don't think it should be advertised as "21k miles shown, TMU" when the details of the ad show that the odometer was replaced at/after 159k. It creates an expectation and then disappoints.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye on it -- GLWS!

Last edited:

mooserage

Staff member
I didn't read your whole post and clicked over. Once I got to the odometer info I was surprised this is on BaT considering the overall condition and mods, but BaT has their own way of picking cars. Definitely curious what it will sell for. Good luck to the seller!

GSTwithPSI

I've said it before, but BAT is probably one of the worst places to sell a VR-4. There's a very niche group of people willing to drop decent coin on these cars, and that demographic largely doesn't exist on websites like BAT, Ebay, etc. It also typically takes a while to find said buyer willing to drop coin on a Galant, or, at least more time than auctions provide for. Case and point: click and click

As much as I hate to say it, the DSM and Galant Facebook groups are the best way to reach prospective Galant VR-4 buyers. The Social Media groups reach Galant people who know Galant people looking to buy Galants. As long as you're willing to wait, you'll eventually fetch a buyer.

Nonetheless, I hope the buyer does well. Decent USDM examples are definitely getting harder and harder to find.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I agree with Brett. Generally on BaT, the only commenters who know anything about the cars are owners already, or maybe former owners. It remains a "sleeper" in this way also. DSM and Mitsu auction comments in general show mostly pre-conceived or cliche knowledge of the cars.

And that's ok. Everyone doesn't have to know what we know.;)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts