The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BC Racing RAM Coilover for E39A/38/37

Hittman

Has anyone used the BC Racing RAM Coilover setup on their Galant? I'm just curious about how it compares to other setups?

click

gvr4ever

I hope a few respond. I'm also curious if anyone could compare the swift springs on the BC line compared to the standard option.

The standard BC reviews seem to be pretty good, but it sounds like the swift spring upgrade would be a upgrade for ride comfort.

Hittman

I feel you on the comfort factor. I had the standard BCs on 747, and although they rode great for what they were, the comfort wasn’t there.

ApexHunter

I had BC BR on my gvr4...I haven't tried the RAMs. Inverted front struts if i'm not mistaken. Not sure if the internals are different from a BR kit beyond that though.

I thought the BRs were pretty stiff and choppy, but it's pretty subjective. Some people like that. Having spoken to some folks who rebuild/service a lot of these and other brands, the manufacturing @ BC is good but the valving tends to be pretty generic.

The Feal has a relatively plush ride, definitely smoother than the BR, but unless they've made any changes I believe that you'll need to come up with your own solution as far as attaching the rear brakelines to the damper body. Pretty easily overcome. Worth it IMO, but a couple hundred bucks more than a BR kit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned