The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wont stay on?

so i was driving home from NIU in dekalb n wednesday mourning and i was doing like 70mphand all of a sudden the ca just shuts off, so i pul over to the side of the highway and i try t start her back up but all that really happens is the car will turn over but the rpms just straight up drop and it wont stay running? im confussed? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I was having a idle surging problem with i ISC bc i tested the ISC motr on the TB and prongs 3-4 were reding like 10 ohms, but prongs 1-2 2-3 4-5 5-6 were all reading 33ohms, when this happend to my car i didnt feel anything break just felt like my TB stped working, Could this be bc of my ISC is totally fryied, what should i check on the car, any hep would be much apprieciated,
THanx Shane_-

1990ggsxnj

Bad/No gas, Bad F/P, Bad ISC killing the ECU. ISC air control specifically wouldn't stop the engine from running with your foot on the throttle. A list of mods would help.

Last edited:

2.4 4G64 block
4g63 head, Stock built w/oem parts and w/mild p&p
Prothane mounts
3G lash adjusters
ARP head studs
NGK plug wires
NGK bpr7es plugs
Non-cruise throttle cable
Optima yellow top battery relocated to trunk

Drivtrain-

Fully built trans w/Evo 3 gearing, 10% taller fifth, steel shift rails, welded center dif
ACT 2900 clutch
Evo 3 flywheel
SS clutch line
4 bolt lsd rear
4ws delete
Dsm steering rack w/ new Moog tie rod ends

Fuel-

Walbro 255
Evo 560cc injectors
Sard AFPR
Sending unit modded w/-6 an fittings

Intake-

K&N filter
3G MAS
Trimming done to sleepily install 3G MAS inside 1G K&N filter
Evo FMIC
2.5" polished SS pipes

Exhaust-

2g ex manifold w/ss hardware
JM Fab. exhaust manifold heat shield
2g ported o2 housing
2.5" SS custom exhaust
Magnaflow hi-flow cat
Dynomax muffler

Boost-

FP Big 16G clipped/ported @ 20psi
Lower Shores MBC
Oem crushed bov
Stewart Warner 30/40 boost gauge

Suspension/Handling-

Evo struts
Ebay Strut Tower Bars
New ball joints
New front endlinks
New front control arms

Brakes-

ss brake lines all around
new rear calipers/rotors/pads 2,600 miles ago
ceramic pads in front

Shifting-

1G shifter, shift boot
Speed source weighted shift knob
Brass shiftplate bushings
Skateboard bearings on shift cables

Electronics-

Keydiver stage 3 chip
PLX wideband
Apexi SAFC 2
Apexi turbo timer

Interior-

oem dash pod to house gauges for oem look
Momo pedals
Tenzo R Steering Wheel
89 underdash for housing SAFC

Have you checked over all your intercooler pipes? The 3G MAS is still plugged in? Do you have a logger to talk to the ECU? Has the ECU had the caps replaced?

il check the caps on the ecu, i haven chect t FMIC pipes i was having ISC problems like 1 week ago, prongs 34 were reading like 5 ohms. any suggestion?

The ISC and BISS can only effect the idle. They aren't going to make the car die at 70 mph.

today i checked the starter and the fuel pump, they both seem to be working fine, but now i cant get the car to crank over, the cams are moving but wont spark up, could this possibly be an ECU issue? and if so how do i check my ECU?

Rausch

I'd go through the ignition wiring- make sure you don't have and loose/bad connections maybe?

Edit: A logger would be very helpful as well. Perhaps you're dropping a CAS signal intermittently?

Last edited:

HHIVR4

The CAS is the round sensor on the top left of the head if your standing in front of the car.

Cam
Angle
Sensor

Last edited:

Well, with all those mods, do you have a logger? EVERY GVR-4 owner should have a logger, IMHO. Right now it would allow you to see if the ECU is even working, and what all the sensors are doing, if you have CAS pulses, etc.
Does the Check Engine light come on when you first turn on the key?
Have you checked the MFI fuse under the hood, in the relay box?
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge under the hood, and is it showing fuel pressure? If not, have you tried jumpering +12 volts to the fuelpump test connector on the firewall?

i have a logger but im very new to this, i dont knw how to use it, the check engine light comes on when i have the key on the ON postion, i checked the fuel to see if it was priming, and i had like a 2 inch squirt of 93 fountain out the top, all i need to eally need to learn is the logger, and i do have a fuel pressure gauge under the hood and its reading pressure, i have one of those palm loggers in my glovebox, could anyone give me some tips how to use this?? again i am very new to galants this is my first turbo/galant, any help would be great, again thnx for all the help so far.

turbowop

I don't know how many times I have to say this but...

These cars don't "prime" the fuel system. If the CAS isn't spinning, the fuel ain't pumping. Just having the key in the ignition isn't going to do it.

stevep i will take you on that offer, just pm where your at in st. charles bc i live on north ave, and thats right down the road from st charles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts