GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » GVR4 motor mounts VS TEL Mounts
Previous thread Next thread

GVR4 motor mounts VS TEL Mounts

GVR4#1382
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16774 posted 07/16/03 02:08 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
i having a little problem

i just got my motor in the back in the VR4 i swapped out the front mount (the one under the timing belt )
and my freind said he change the other two
iam having problems gettting a bolt through the front one (the one beside the timing cover )
its like a inch or two off

is there any diff in the mounts beside's the front one

i bet my friend didnt change them out

thanks guys

| | | IP: (64.12.96.102) | Report this post to a Moderator

autobahntom
67/1000
974/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16775 posted 07/16/03 05:02 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
The one beside the timing cover is the same.
Either the front or rear (I think the rear) is different. The difference is in the length. I think the T/E/L ones are shorter. Been a while though. Must be changed or the drivers side mount (by the timing cover) will not fit.
Tom

Posts: 1250 | From: Delaware | Member Since: 02/08/03 | IP: (24.154.86.135) | Report this post to a Moderator

BlackHole
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16776 posted 07/17/03 06:28 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Both the front and rear GVR4 engine mounts are different than the TELs by about 3/4". While you can make the TEL ones fit, it is a PITA as you've found out. Swap in the GVR4 stuff and you'll be fine.

| | | IP: (130.36.27.125) | Report this post to a Moderator

spoulson
0 people like this

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16777 posted 07/17/03 07:09 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I'm confused. Seems like everyone has a different interpretation of 'front mount'. As long as I've ever known, the front mount is always on the front of the car. The sides are named driver or passenger.

Posts: 2907 | From: Middletown, DE | Member Since: 02/05/03 | IP: (194.39.131.40) | Report this post to a Moderator

dsmsleeper
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16778 posted 07/17/03 08:31 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I believe the front and rears are call roll stops.

| | | IP: (63.146.62.141) | Report this post to a Moderator

BluFalcon
Fantastic Parts Seller

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16779 posted 07/17/03 01:07 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I just used my old GVR4 motor mounts to install a motor into my 90 Talon project. The mounts were already set up for ProThane mount inserts. Motor dropped in without a hitch. I ran into a problem with my first motor install into a GVR4 because the donor block came from a 90 FWD Turbo. I has left the FWD motor brackets on the engine.

It depends on whet you consider the motor mounts. There's the mounts that bolt to the crossmembers and unibody. There's some brackets that bolt to the block. The front and rear roll stopper that bolt to the front and rear crossmembers, have the same part number in CAPS. The rubber transmission mount that bolts tot he passenger side unibody has a different part number, but that's because of the extra support for the MAS? that's welded onto it. The L shaped mount that bolts onto the engine and unibody on the driver's side also has a different part number, but it does fit. Like I said, it worked for dropping a motor into my Talon, no reason why it shouldn't work in reverse. If the block is from a DSM, check to see if the brackets have been changed out.

Posts: 1308 | From: Wichita, KS | Member Since: 01/20/02 | IP: (67.166.228.113) | Report this post to a Moderator

BlackHole
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 16780 posted 07/17/03 02:28 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I'm sorry, my memory failed me again. Way back when I tried to put a FWD-T block into the GVR4 and those roll stopper brackets are different. I ended up buying both brackets from Mitsu.

I'll have to disagree with BluFalcon here: according to my copy of CAPS the rear roll stopper brackets for M/T 1G AWDs / GVR4 are the same: MD136195. But the front roll stopper brackets are different [that does not preclude interchangeability]: 1G AWD MD133347, GVR4 MD133344. The A/Ts and FWD-Ts are different altogether.

Is that clearer? Sorry for the confusion.

| | | IP: (130.36.27.125) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
2 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2947

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.111 seconds in which 0.087 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page