The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boost leak at butterfly on TB

atsiauto

I have boost leakage, you can hear it seeping through the throttle body , anybody know the fix or do i have to go buy a whole TB ,. used Justins hommeade deal again to find the leak .

Turbo4door1

I just did this last week. I purchased the seals through Mach V. I believe they were $10.00. Very nice pieces. They replace the factory metal ring/rubber o-ring deal completely. Which is a good thing, because I completely buggered up one of the metal rings getting it out. I followed the faq, and didn't have any problems at all.

Turbo4door1

I had two of them, so I did replace the gaskets from the throttle body to I/C pipe, and the throttle body to intake manifold. You really could just use RTV in a pinch. Other than the two throttle shaft seals, that is all I replaced. I haven't pressure tested it since I put it back together, but it seems to be much better.

atsiauto

thanks everybody , I just ordered 2 sets e nuff to do both cars , I didnt realize they were so close,

Turbo4door1

Joe --

Yeah, I think it was worth it. They completely replace the stock metal ring / O-ring combo. I think the outer edge of them are still metal, but they are completely enclosed with rubber and have grooves on the sides to help with sealing. I completely messed up one of the stock metal rings when trying to pry it out, so it was a good thing that they replaced it...!!!
wink.gif
As a side note, if you order online through them, it automatically will charge you 6.00 for shipping. They adjusted the shipping accordingly when I actually recieved them.

Do you think the $10 (plus shipping) MachV o-rings are worth it?
I have the #7 (1/2x3/8x1/16) o-rings at work (free).

quote:Originally posted by dsmsleeper:
Do you think the $10 (plus shipping) MachV o-rings are worth it?
I have the #7 (1/2x3/8x1/16) o-rings at work (free).
Yes they are worth it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts