The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DTC 0021

SoJerz168

92 Galant VR4 168/1000
Link v3 SD

Coolant temp reads -74 constantly.

Have a CEL
0021 code

I installed a New sensor, cleared codes and CEL
comes back on after a couple minutes.

Yellow/Green wire & Green/Black wires both have continuity from sensor plug to ECU plug.

Anybody have ideals?????

Last edited:

thomcasey

That issue is all over this site (and DSM sites). Look at your wiring to the Coolant Temp Sensor on the thermostat housing. Either a disconnected connector or broken wire.

ajsmith279

92 Galant VR4 168/1000
Link v3 SD

Coolant temp reads -74 constantly.

Have a CEL
0021 code

I installed a New sensor, cleared codes and CEL
comes back on after a couple minutes.

Yellow/Green wire & Green/Black wires both have continuity from sensor plug to ECU plug.

Anybody have ideals?????
Any luck on figuring this out? Mine constantly reads 74 but will spike up and down quickly when revving the engine. New sensors, all wiring specs out correctly. I'm wondering if it might be an issue in the ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts