The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Factory "boost gauge" signal?

Hey guys, bought vr4 not running and as I am making progress on getting it back up and going, I am planning ahead for some future things.

One question I have is, what kind of signal does the stock boost gauge get? I know that ECMLink can be used to change the gauge other things besides boost, like knock count.

From reading, it is my understanding that the 6 LEDs cannot be split up to show 2 different things and so I assume it can only have one input signal. So, does it operate off of a 0-1v signal?

I have tried searching and it appears as if the only returns that I get are people saying that its a terrible boost gauge.

Thanks!

Galant_martin

Is there any way to test this boost gauge? I want to use this in my EU Galant, but i dont find many informations about this thing.
There is one wire missing from my ECU connector (PIN3 Turbo Gauge), but are there other things what i need to change?

Thanks

AllanL

supply max 5V to corresponding meter panel for the boost gauge.

if you have a variable resistor, use it to regulate the 5v signal to check each boost gauge LED.

Galant_martin

Thank you. I will try that. I use Pin 23 from the ecu (maf Supply 5V).

EDIT

I tried it and all led‘s are working;) thx

Last edited:

Dan D

It's said to be a terrible boost gauge because it isn't actually one. It is an approximated boost level based on the MAF signal to the ECU. It therefore, only approximates boost in a stock setup where the airflow/pressure correlation is known to the ECU. Change anything affecting airflow and it no longer tells you anything valid.

Better to reprogram it to be a knock gauge or some other functional indicator like which image on a dual imaged ECUs switching between gas and E85 your using.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts