The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stock 14B turbo connector pipe

JAP_GVR4

I recently acquired #537/1000, the previous owner put an ebay turbo and exhaust manifold. I took those off in the attempt to replace with better quality items. Ive spent the last several months gathering and collecting pieces. Almost have everything together to hear her breathe again, but the issue I am currently trying to solve, with no luck, is the turbo connector pipe, the little 3 inch-ish pipe that DSM guys generally refer to as the 'j' pipe. I want to keep stock radiator fan and the turbo I purchased is a factory Mitsu turbo from a low mileage 1G Eclipse. however the connector pipe I received with the turbo throws into the stock radiator fan. I need a connector pipe to go over the exhaust manifold, does anyone make such a piece or am I searching in vain??
thank you Jake

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sounds like you just need the stock GVR4 turbo outlet pipe. It is different than the 1g Eclipse version. Someone here should have one. Post a WTB.

Last edited:

JAP_GVR4

alrity that confirms what I was thinking, so there isn't a company that makes an aftermarket option??

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'm sure there are some, but as noted in your other posts, if you are looking to keep it stock, get a stock one. Aftermarket will probably charge you $40 for an inferior piece.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts