The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dash switches bulb replacements

mitsuturbo

Posting this for reference. Maybe someone else will want the lights inside their switches on the dash to actually work.
Fog light switch has 2 bulbs (pictured below). They're both T1-1/4 wire terminal bulbs with a C2F filament. I found them on Arrow.com for about 65c each, with free shipping. JKL is the brand, 8640 is the number. click

There are two bulbs INSIDE the rear defroster switch as well. You have to disassemble the switch entirely to get to them. I both are T1 wire terminal bulbs with a C2F filament. This same bulb also fits the center console switches, if you have any. (Sport steering, Eco/Pwr) I found these on arrow as well. JKL 8111. About 2 bucks each. Expensive little buggers, comparatively speaking. click

They're pretty easy to replace. Just unwind the wire terminals from the rubber receptacle plug and pull the old bulb. Then reverse the procedure with a new bulb for installation.

Nebraska

If only there was a like button...

After reading this I checked my switches and my defrost switch wasn’t working. Is this the samebulb behind the hot/cold selector dial?

mitsuturbo

I highly doubt it is. I just replaced one in the L/R Recirc/Fresh selector bar, and the ashtray in mine and they were a standard wedge bulb. These wire terminal bulbs are entirely different.

Nebraska

Oh right on. I’ve been busy with the bumper project so I haven’t really torn into it yet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts