GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Ac control module
Previous thread Next thread

Ac control module

DavsR
1303/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1237381 posted 05/21/17 11:29 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Question for the forum. My ac control module behind the glove box reads 1.5v on the air thermo sensor while the electrical diagram shows that this should be a 5v signal. My question does this mean my AC control module is no good? I have an extra control module and both read the same voltage.

1303/2000 Moving on up in the DSM World!

Posts: 73 | From: Sacramento CA | Member Since: 08/25/11 | IP: (2600:1010:b10e:a) | Report this post to a Moderator

holeshotmoe
subclass marmoreus

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1237471 posted 05/23/17 10:43 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Last summer I went through the electrical first. I seem to recall something suspicious measuring the voltages too. Like you, I had a spare giving the same results. But the system worked fine after I found and fixed the broken capillary line on the expansion valve. But assuming the schematic is correct, yes, pin 22 is supposed to supply 5v. Did you measure it with the sensor unplugged? And check the other two 5v outputs...pins 12 and 21. Also check the other voltages according to the troubleshooting tables on the pages after the schematic you're probably looking at. Then test the sensor. Those steps are there too. Tomorrow after work I'll try to get you a measurement from mine, connected and not.

Done there, been that

Posts: 1268 | From: MD | Member Since: 04/07/05 | IP: (72.83.14.88) | Report this post to a Moderator

DavsR
1303/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1237508 posted 05/26/17 01:48 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Thanks so much for the response holeshot, I've tested the circuit connected only and I'm not getting a voltage back from the air thermo sensor. I am seeing 6v+ from the air inlet sensor and the freon temp sensor (freon temp sensor not returning voltage). I think I need to replace compressor since freon temp sensor isn't something I can replace alone. I'm using the circuit diagram for the galant and I'm not seeing any testing protocals.

1303/2000 Moving on up in the DSM World!

Posts: 73 | From: Sacramento CA | Member Since: 08/25/11 | IP: (2600:1010:b10e:a) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
2 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 333

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.078 seconds in which 0.064 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page