The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1992 Galant VR4 (141/1000) - New Built Engine + Tranny $6,000 ***Sold***

Chad989of2000

Up for sale is my 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. It is number 141 of 1000. This car is in very good condition and has been upgraded with only the top of the line parts. A little background on the car is that I purchased it in 2007 from Sam, one of the old moderators here on the .org in the early-mid 2000's. I have receipts for the larger items and some of the smaller ones as well. Chassis has around 250k miles on it while the engine and trans (both fully built have zero miles). The body is in really good shape with some small dings and scratches and the interior is excellent.

Modifications:
-Strictly Import Motor Sports Stage 1 Race Long Block Fully Built Engine (zero miles)
-Kelford 272 Exhaust and Intake Cams (w/ Kelford Springs)
-Wiseco 9.0 Pistons, ARP Head Studs, etc.
-Jacks Road Race Ultimate Ratio and LSD (4 Spider Diff) Fully Built Transmission (zero miles)
-KYB AGX Fully Adjustable Shocks
-Whiteline Lowering Springs
-New Stoptech Rotors (Slotted) and Hawk HPS Pads (zero miles)
-EVO 3 16G Turbo Ported and Built by Road Race Engineering
-1100cc FIC Injectors
-FIC Fuel Rail
-Walbro 255 HP Fuel Pump
-Motegi MR125 Wheels Satin Black 17x7.5 (zero miles on them)
-Hancock Ventus EVO 12 Tires 225x17x50 (zero miles on them)
-New Gates Racing Timing Belt, waterpump, etc (zero miles on them)
-Sparco EVO2 Plus Seats with Sparco Harnesses
-Rare Threespedd Harness Bar specific for Galant VR-4
-See Wheelwell link for all details:

Link to wheelwell.com:
click

Currently the car does not run, I believe it has to do with the tuning (ECM Link). Starts and runs but idles high and then stalls. The compression test was perfect (I can do another one in front of any prospective buyer for proof), the car leaks no fluids, it is mechanically sounds and just needs someone better at tuning to finish the project. For more details just dig up my old thread on the forum.

My loss is actually your gain, as I've decided to move forward with two other projects at this time (a 1993 NSX and a 1987 Mercedes 190e 2.3 16v) and I simply don't have time to finish the Galant VR-4.

I bought this car back in 2007 (it was the second one I've owned). I've only put the best parts into it throughout its life. It used to be my daily, but when a freeze plug blew out of the old block that had some failing piston rings...I went all out and dropped in the built engine and trans. The car has sat in my garage over the past 7 years, so it's been protected from the elements.

This is not a hack job project...I have a great deal of money and time into this car, and hopefully how much I cared about it shows through. I can supply any additional photos upon request. I still have the stock seats (in great condition) and the trunk carpeting. The car will come with a ton of extra parts and an additional transmission.

The car holds a clean Virginia title (I never had it running to register in California). The car will need to be towed and is sold as is. I'm fully transparent with this and I'm only looking to recoup some of my costs to put towards my other projects. There is far more value in just some of the parts on this car than what I'm asking, so the price is very firm. I really believe this will be a quick turnaround fix for someone more adept at tuning than me and who has the time to invest.

Price is $6,000.00 firm. I'm willing to detail anything further as well as supply additional photos. These are getting harder and harder to find...this car won't be available for long.

Last edited:

Bradley

Nice build!
The quality is obvious, & you've done some of the best driver-centric mods.

It's priced very well for the amount of quality work that you've put into it. I hope it does well!

Jesus_Negros

Glws

Also, send me link to your 190e 16v project. Mercedes are my passion, just picked up a w140 s600 project. My 5th mercedes and the most modern I've ever had. Im also about to help put a mercedes v12 in a buddies w126.

Last edited:

Chad989of2000

Quoting Bradley:
Nice build!
The quality is obvious, & you've done some of the best driver-centric mods.

It's priced very well for the amount of quality work that you've put into it. I hope it does well!

Thanks man, I appreciate that. It was a really hard decision to even put her up for sale.

Chad989of2000

Quoting Jesus_Negros:
Glws

Also, send me link to your 190e 16v project. Mercedes are my passion, just picked up a w140 s600 project. My 5th mercedes and the most modern I've ever had. Im also about to help put a mercedes v12 in a buddies w126.

Nice, sounds like you've had quite the classic Benz collection. I've been eyeing the 16v for some time now, but prices are getting up there. Mine is a legit project...as in the car, engine, trans, diff, etc are not all together. I got a sweet deal on someone else's 10 year project...should be fun.

I've got a YouTube channel I just started last September for all my car stuff...I will be putting up a 2.3 16v intro video soon:
click

Chad989of2000

Tuning is ECM Link

Chad989of2000

Still has a functional S-AFC in there too...to keep it period correct of course.

VR4ownzU

Do you have any photos of the rear diff/axles, etc so I can see what kind of condition the chassis is in? Do you have any photos of the stock seats? Do you have the back seats?

Thank you,
Nick
[email protected]

Chad989of2000

I can attach photos later today. The front seats are in excellent condition as are the backs. These is a seam thread separation on the top of the rears in one spot (I will send photo).

Completely forgot that the car comes with a LSD rear diff, axles, and cups. Spent a bit on the set and never installed. Current stock diff and axles in good shape no issues.

Chad989of2000

The front seats are in storage and I will be dragging them out next week, but assure you that they are in great condition. Other requested photos:

Chad989of2000

FYI to prove how much of a steal this is:

Chad989of2000

Chad989of2000

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Damn good deal on a clean car.

If you decide to keep it I'd tune it for you. I'm in SoCal.

I really appreciate it Brett. I've been going in a different direction with focusing on pure restoration builds in the past few years. That being said, this thing is going as a hell of a deal and will be missed greatly. Going to also miss the Galant VR-4 community...I've been here since early 2005 for crying out loud.

I might not be gone for long if another stock Galant VR-4 ever gets listed for a low price.

gvr4ever

I'd imagine, if you simply got a tune, this would do well on BAT. Have you followed the sales lately?

Chad989of2000

You are probably spot on. It's highly modified though (I don't think that as being a negative) but the stock-ish ones are pulling more coin. That being said...I'm very well aware that I'm letting this go as a steal. I'm sure a solid shop will easily get it tuned and all...and if I don't get my asking price I will certainly be going that route.

VR4ownzU

I sent you a personal email. For some reason it won't let me PM you on here.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
PMs seem to not be working again. I left a message for Ryan Hertz, but unfortunately I have lost his phone number so I can't text him about it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts