The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLD !FS: Feeler thinking about parting ways with my galant for $4500 Price drop

presterone

The only reason I've been thinking of selling my car is I no longer have a garage and I feel there may be someone out there that can take better care of this car and keep it rust free then me. I absolutely love this car and I will try my best to have it stored before next winter.

Its #221/1000 A guy I met from here originally had it shipped from new mexico the chassis is solid and rust free and just about bone stock. It has 162,000 and climbing I've had it for two years and I've been able to store it nicely the past two harsh winters here in Maine, but since the weather has been improving and there is no salt on the roads its been serving daily duty nicely.

-From sitting in the sun most of its life the clearcoat is peeling mostly on the nose of the car, it could use a clearcoat or respray to be %100.

-The car has the original suspension and exhaust and suprisingly everything is tight and free of play, it rides a little boaty around hard corners but it's fairly comfortable.

-When the previous owner got the car from shipping the clutch was smoked (to his suprise, he bought it thinking it was good to go) So he replaced it with an OEM exedy clutch kit which probably has 8,000 miles on it now.

-Shortly after getting the car the caps failed in the ECU so I sent it out and it now has a socketed ECU with a keydiver chip and 550 or 560cc EVO injectors. This and a re-wired fuel pump are a few of the only modifications to this car and I feel they are more for reliability than anything.

-Hood struts and fancy floormats purchased from the floormat guy on this forum.

-FIAV and EGR deleted

-New Akebono pads but the rotors have a bit of a rust ridge and it will have new brakes soon with powerslot rotors and hawk hps.

-The drivers side inner axle boot is torn and also the rack boot I have new parts on the way ( I believe the axle is the cause of the slight driveline vibration I have)

-Windshield is chipped and is getting replaced ASAP

-Zymborski shifter base bushings and also the shifter cable bushings were replaced last week.

-The engine is fairly dry as far as leaks go, I have slight residue around the valve cover gasket but its not an active leak yet.

-I have a new timing belt and waterpump kit as well as a new balance shaft belt that I will be installing soon, as I have no idea when the last time it was replaced is, but the belt does look fine.

-The Tranny shifts OK, no grinds or pop outs but It does protest a little bit when shifting at higher RPM, I noticed the other day the clutch slave is seeping a bit of fluid behind the boot so I'm hoping this and a new master will take care of that.

-The transfer case does not leak so I assume it has been repaired under the recall.

-4WS still works, ABS does not. The ABS pump started humming one day when the car was off so I removed the ABS relay ( was planning on deleting it anyway)

-Replaced the right front wheel bearing recently with OEM mitsu parts.

I also still have 702/1000 which has a lot of nice parts but the chassis is far too rusty to repair, it still runs and drives but has been taken off the road for winter. I may be able to work something out if somebody is interested in both cars or some of the parts, my original plan was to swap out a lot of the parts from 702 into 221 and I will still do that If it doesn't sell and I can find storage for them through the winter.

#702 has Newer BC coilovers, Speed density setup with an ostrich emulator, 720cc injectors, Fuel cell with an inline walbro 255, 4 bolt rear diff, ebay 20G, ETS complete front mount and hard piping, Tial 50mm BOV, Ebay external wastegate and EVO3 manifold, Bullfab front crossmember, Whiteline front swaybar, BS eliminated,Zeitronix display that logs wideband,EGT,Boost,Lambda. It has a beat fixed bucket seat with a threespeed harness bar and prodrive harness, B&M oil cooler for 90 OFH with A/N fittings welded onto it.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I'm putting it all out there, I love these cars and I don't want to let them go, but I don't want to watch a clean rust free example to rot out in this shitty god forsaken state if I don't have a way to store it next winter. I did a lot of work to #702 to keep it rust free but driving it through just two winters and religously washing the undercarriage it still withered away and has serious rot.

Last edited:

presterone

Pms sent if anyone has any other questions call 207-891-1916

TJ Presterone

presterone

update: installed new clutch master and slave, powerslot rotors and hawk hps pads with stainless braided lines. Very nice.

presterone

Bump. I've had a bunch of calls but nothing solid. I will do $5400 for both cars and $4700 for the white one.

JamesFoster

Dammit I want these. A/C work in the white car? How's the interior?

presterone

A/c still works mint in the white car but I assume it still has R12 as I see no evidence of it being converted. The interior is 9.5/10 because the steering wheel leather has slight wear from use and the suns rays.

turbofonz

I'm trying to get a buddy to go halfsies with me on these.

presterone

Hahaha let me know buddy. Is it brad anderson by any chance?? I'd like to see the white one go to him, he seems to take good care of his galant.

turbofonz

Brad was telling me about it also. Im trying to get it to western mass. I got a recent rust free white one. But would love another lol

jryKC

I would love to see pictures of the interior of #221. Feel free to PM or email me. Thanks!

josh.youngberg at gmail.com

presterone

Bump. Got honey dicked again. This time he didn't actually fly out here and stopped responding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. Still enjoying the car and its running and driving great.

presterone

yea sure man there is one engine bay picture in the original post I can post some more.It's just a bone stock engine bay, still has factory air can,cruise control,intercooler piping e.t.c

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts