The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTT: My Nordic Blue for your Belize Green - Buffalo, NY ($4,500)

donkeylips

What I'm looking for:
-A Belize Green, sunroof, Galant VR4
Must have never seen winter salt. Underbody pics required.
-Clean title (no salvage)
-Original dash badge
-No accidents
-No body hacking (excessive cutting, severely dented floors, etc.

-Doesn't need a drivetrain, good paint, or a good interior. Just needs to be a rust-free, straight, body.

We can work something out. I'm swimming in parts. This may seem insane, but if you've got your car built the way you like it but really love the nordic blue color over your green color, we can trade shells and keep our drivetrains and whatever parts we decide on. PM me and we can discuss. Or, we can just trade cars. I'm flexible. Logistics can be an issue if you're located on the other side of the country, but I'm willing to travel/take some time to make this happen.

My car:
To abide by the rules and include a price, I will take $4,500 as the car sits now. PM for more details.

It's a 1990 Galant GSX. Originally a 5spd, sunroof, non-ABS car (best configuration IMO). Purchased from a friend who bought it from Nate Crisman. Alpha Male is a previous owner. Google image search "galant gsx" and this is the car that comes up. This could be your car.

If you don't know much about 6g Galants then now is a good time to explain that you can't get this color on a USDM Galant VR4. And this is the only way to get a USDM E38A. And it's rare to find a USDM AWD Galant that didn't have ABS from the factory. If you like Nordic Blue this is one of your only chances. And this car is rarer than a VR4. It's just a cool car. Our USDM VR4s are closer to the facelifted JDM VR4 while this is very similar to a pre-facelift JDM VR4 (RS). It's not easy to find these tail lights, and that's why the spoiler is different (it's rubber and the brake light is just a bulb, not LED. Looks slightly more aggressive).

It's currently sitting with a VR4 engine bay wiring harness (and body harness that includes ABS wiring), a 6-bolt with 20k on a stock rebuild, good compression, all new Mitsu OEM timing belt components, new Gates water pump, stock 14B, Evo III exhaust manifold, 2g PS pump. It has a 2g Trans, 1g/2g xfer case, and a 4-bolt rear end with a 5-lug swap. The 2.5" exhaust is kind of cobbled together, nothing great, but it doesn't leak. It has a 1g turbo MT non-eprom ECU, stock 1g or gvr4 MAS. I believe it currently has a walbro 255 with stock wiring, SS braided fuel line, and the OEM FPR.

This car runs and drives ok. Definitely needs work before tons of daily driving or a long trip. The issues are all minor - I won't list them all right now because I improve the car when I have time. It has been inspected and driven to work occasionally the last few years. But it has been stored indoors for every winter that I've owned it. I wouldn't expose a car this clean and this rare to salt.

Since I own 7 cars and this one is often in storage, it gets neglected. I don't have good pics right now. A clay bar may do wonders for the paint - or it may need to be buffed at this point. One of the fenders is a bit wavy. The body is clean but not a 10/10. The hood was replaced because I'm told it was run over with a truck or something. Fender caps are in the trunk.
You know what the JDM front bumper is worth. Fogs aren't included in the price but I can get them. Currently the light wiring is setup like USDM.
The interior is all GVR4 (originally cloth) and it's ok. If you need better interior parts I have a decent collection of good parts. We can work something out.

Rocker Panels:
This is a problem on even cleaner VR4s. Due to the plastic cladding, the rockers rust bad. Since this car never had those pieces, the rockers are in beautiful shape, but unfortunately there is a dime sized rust bubble starting on both sides. Once taken care of it will be fine. Trust me, it could be much much worse.

These pics are from summer 2012 and the car was filthy from sitting outside:

Last edited:

donkeylips

Rusty parts that you see are probably more from mixing and matching with rusty cars than from this car being exposed to winter driving. I've never seen it exposed to salt, and I don't think Alpha Male exposed it to salt when he owned it.
The following pics are all from August 2013 and once again the car was filthy:

I use OEM Mitsu oil filters - except this one time. Ignore the fram - temporarily put on when running this particular motor for the first time in a while.
The exhaust was being put together when these pics were taken. The exhaust was removed from my winter beater.

Last edited:

donkeylips

The only accident reported to CARFAX(which I can provide) was in 1994. It put a little wrinkle in the pass. side frame rail near the battery. The rad. core support also has a dent. I have a clean replacement rad. core support if you feel it needs to be repaired. Here are pics of the damage. You can see more if you find Nate Crisman's old for sale ad.
I haven't noticed that it has affected anything.

From a couple years ago. Rusty rear motor mount, brake booster, and gusset plate are from an old beater. You can see the damage to the frame rail in the bottom left corner of the pic.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

oh wow! wish i had my green one still i'd trade it in a heart beat!

car originally came from the south when I bought it and was kept indoors until I sold it, original hood was backed over by a pick up truck while it was off the car for 5 minutes...

Rear subframe is from a 92 laser that lived in the midwest, was totalled with 60-80k miles, i cant remember exactly, unless anyone changed it. I doubt it though, from the pics it looks just like the rear end I put in it.

Entire time I owned it the car wasn't even exposed to rain, I took the wipers off and kept a driverside one in the trunk in the event I was caught in rain, but it was built to be kept indoors except for sunshine and nice weather.

Love the way that JDM bumper looks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned