GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » JDM Fogs with Turn Signals/Plug and Play
Previous thread Next thread

JDM Fogs with Turn Signals/Plug and Play

turbophein
Member ++
1079/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1220975 posted 11/26/15 09:42 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Just finished up my plug and play JDM fogs with turn signals incorporated. I figured i would share my project. the projector side will continue to be a foglight, while the inner light will now be a turn signal.

factory JDM Wire Harness

Jdm Projector fog and the inner light to be converted to a turn signal

Parts needed:

1. USDM Fog Lights wire harnesses
2. USDM Turn Signal pig tails.
3. Amber H3 Bulbs (or cheap t10 bulbs and you can solder them into the H3 housing) click

step 1. remove complete harness from usdm foglight

step 2. remove jdm fog light side only harness, leave the turn signal harness installed, then cut off the jdm pigtail leaving about 2" of the inner light wires to solder the connection later.

at this point the jdm fog should only have the inner lights wires sticking out about 2 inches, the rest should be gone.

step 3. install the usdm harness into the jdm foglight the same way the old harness came out, use a little silicone to seal the slightly smaller rubber grommet.

step 3. cut off usdm turn signal pigtail.

step 4. solder on the usdm turn signal pig tail to the jdm inner light wires that you left after cutting the jdm harness off.

step 5. replace the H3 white bulb with a H3 amber/orange bulb (if led is used you must add a load resister so they won't flash fast)
click
click

Here is the finished product

E16g, fmic, 1000's, SD, v3, LC2 WB, fp2 cams, ARP's, etc

Edited by turbophein (11/26/15 06:44 PM)

Posts: 681 | From: mass | Member Since: 02/17/09 | IP: (2601:192:8301:b4) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 2325

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.03 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page