kdott96
(Junior Member)
10/21/19 12:08 PM
Random shutdowns

I keep getting random shutdowns with 733. It happens sometimes when in idle, sometimes when driving.. it's very random. When driving, I can feel the car slowing down and no matter how much gas I press, the speed drops on its own until it turns off (or if I put neutral and drop the clutch it goes straight to 0). It starts back up right away, but I want to get to the bottom of this.
This began happening after I switched to an Odyssey battery and was missing my lower intercooler pipe, but ever since then, I replaced that battery with a bigger one I previously had and found the ETS lower intercooler pipe. I would begin to see the battery/brake lights dim on from time to time so I knew my alternator was acting up and got one from Motorcity Reman had it installed Saturday so no more lights on the dash.. but the problem persists. I have also replaced the coolant temp sensor for a new OEM one but still no luck, Is there anything I can check next?

gvr4ever
(Forever Member)
10/21/19 12:13 PM
Re: Random shutdowns

That's a tricky one....

I'd check and make sure the battery ground is clean where it connects. Near the stock air box location. I think the ECU has a ground too. One of the bolts that hold it in.

Check ECU....

It sounds like a connection issue, but with the age of these cars.... They can cause mysteries.

iceman69510
(Turn Right Racing)
10/21/19 05:13 PM

I had a TPS issue that would cause stalls, but never while driving. I would check for boost/air leaks in your intake system. Could be an air metering issue.

MellowVR4
(5" too short)
10/22/19 12:58 PM

Take the ECU out, open it up and take a peek.

transparentdsm
(I have to say something dumb Member)
10/23/19 07:33 AM

im gonna have to third the idea of pull the ecu, sounds to me like you have a dead ISC motor and it burnt out your 102 or 105 diode, i forget what one it is.

thomcasey
(I ain't no puny human)
10/23/19 08:18 AM

Make that a 4th. My ISC motor leaked into it's plug and took out the diode and the controller on the ECU. ECM Tuning fixed it right up

kdott96
(Junior Member)
10/24/19 06:13 PM

Pulled the ECU and I donít see anything extraordinary, am I overseeing anything?

kdott96
(Junior Member)
10/24/19 06:36 PM

Actually... Looking very closely at IC105 there is a vague orange part on the back Iíll hit up ecmlink tonight

gvr4ever
(Forever Member)
10/28/19 08:55 AM

Here is an example of a failed one.

click

Your's doesn't look like that. Did you have a idle surge problem at all?

kdott96
(Junior Member)
11/03/19 10:18 PM

No but idle ran high on cold startup no matter what
ECMtuning got back to me, could be just a failing MAP sensor

kdott96
(Junior Member)
11/14/19 09:53 PM

Dave from ECMLink said that my datalog suggested a failing map sensor reading.... and that was literally what it was. Changed the MAP sensor and car is running back again. Thanks for everybody that chipped in.

thomcasey
(I ain't no puny human)
11/15/19 04:42 AM

What MAP sensor are you using?

kdott96
(Junior Member)
11/15/19 08:44 AM

Omni4bar

thomcasey
(I ain't no puny human)
11/15/19 09:05 AM

Yea, they are pretty much crap. There is lots of info out there about them being problematic. Ine dies out of the blue, so I went with AEM

kdott96
(Junior Member)
11/15/19 10:48 AM

Yes Iíve heard it too, just gave it another chance bc I feel like it was my fault that it broke (probably when said pipe was not on the car)

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.005 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 4 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page