The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Use Mitsubishi parts for 1551?

paul j

Am I correct in thinking that Mitsubishi parts is the smart way to go for parts? Any other brand going to be as good or better? Anything that should be changed that is not obvious while it is apart? New head bolts? tensioner? I am changing t-belt (stripped teeth on 46k Contitech belt that still looks good) and have pulled turbo for replacement and head for renewal. I will need all associated parts for the job. I would like to be as cost effective as possible but peace of mind and dependability is worth it if necessary. It is stock original engine and will be strictly street. Turbo will probably be 16g, small or large, and I want to retain oil and water cooling.

tektic

Stock Mitsubishi is a very nice part, but gates makes a good timing belt too. I think greedy or hk$ also make them. as long as your not buying stuff made in china off ebay you should be ok.

some people say thats ok too though.

transparentdsm

You can use ebay stuff, just make sure its an oem timing belt tensioner. If you buy a cheap tensioner it will blow out and ruin your head.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts