The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear tow hook near muffler - ok to remove?

Dan D

Removing the little tow hook bracket near the muffler would give me much better clearance to make new hanger mounts for the large muffler I'm trying to cram under the car. I haven't looked too closely, but there are just 4 bolts holding it on and it doesn't appear to be integral to anything else. Is there any reason (saftey or otherwise)this can't come off?

IncorpoRatedX

You can take them both off if you want, they do nothing except provide a place to hook a strap. just never wind up in a ditch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbowop

I had to yank the one on the passenger side of 1051 to clear my muffler. No big deal. I still have the one on the driver's side.

Just get one of those colored anodized ones that stick out of the bumper like six inches, like all the ricebois do...and even some of the owners here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Dan D

Thanks guys. That's what I thought, but my luck, I'd remove the bolts and find out the hard way when the bumper fell on head.

IncorpoRatedX

or a hitch, in my case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

steve

Quoting turbowop:

Just get one of those colored anodized ones that stick out of the bumper like six inches, like all the ricebois do...and even some of the owners here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/keke.gif

cheekychimp

No way ... VR4 owners don't do that do they?

... oh sh*t you were right again!

Brunoboy

Lol tre3zy, and it doesn't look bad, I've seen it in person and can be a lot worse.
-shane

123abc

Still not as bad as that guy on tooners who used a connecting rod as a tow hook.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

cheekychimp

^^^ LMFAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif do post a link, I'd love to see that! I suppose that's 'artistic' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbohf

so i just made an exhaust for my GVR4 also, muffler kept hitting the tow hook, so i moved the muffler further back. didnt think to remove the damn thing... oh well.

123abc

Quoting cheekychimp:
^^^ LMFAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif do post a link, I'd love to see that! I suppose that's 'artistic' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

click

Unfortunately, the pics are not up anymore but you can see it was apparently worth 3 pages of discussion. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned