The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just finished installing my abs delete kit and have a prob!

nickbuilt

just finished installing my abs delete kit and when i went do go bleed the brakes i am not really getting a greatest pressure to the rear the front calipers are bleeding as they normally would pump hold pedal down once i would crack the bleeder screw on the fron caliper the pedal sinks to the floor and repeat ect... but for the back when i pump and crack the bleeder screw i am not getting the pedal sinking to the floor fully only about a quater of an inch also the fluid isnt shooting out the bleeder valve like the front are i dont know whats wrong the pedal feels normal but i dont think my backs are bleeding properly any suggestion i think they are really badly air bound i need help!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif!!!

-nick

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Are youi certain you plumbed the proportioning valve correctly, or even have the correct one? Try disconnecting the lines and blowing air through them to see if they are clear.

nickbuilt

Was installed correctly as per to the how-to abs delete in the how-to section also got the abs delete kit from nate at dsmpartout so yes it is the correct valve.

-nick

Barnes

Did you ever bleed your brakes before the ABS delete?

nickbuilt

yea i did, but dont remember how much pressure came out the rear when i did bleed the system.

-nick

14u2nV

try taking the bleeder screw all the way out. I've had them plugged before.

You might have to pull off the brake master and bench bleed it. Worked on my Trans Am when i deleted the abs in it.

nickbuilt

Got it to bleed finally just really badly airbound thanks for the suggestions fellas!

-nick

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned