The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jesse_W

It makes me sad to post this about a member(especially over $79) but it should be public knowledge. Doing safe, legitimate business on this board has never been a problem. I am a new member but have been lurking around for at least 14months before recently creating a user name. I have purchased from A LOT of members and this is my first problem. NateCrisman, Garfield Wright, nickbuilt, Jonvr4, Curtis, THEKID (cannot remember anyone else at the moment)

Jesse contacted me via text message after I failed to respond to his post on my "want to buy" thread. First text message from me regarding the 4lug front hubs was "4lug, complete assembly, with good wheel bearings?" he responds, "yes i just did the 5lug swap"
Automatically I anticipated he had the hubs i needed with GOOD bearings so naturally I was pumped.

We agreed on $75shipped then he requested an additional $2 to cover PP fees, I quickly sent him $79. The next day he told me that he couldn't get the rotors off because they were stuck on; he proceeded to ship with rotors attached. This made me laugh more than wonder what kind of person would waste roughly $10 on unnecessary shipping costs because he is too lazy to remove rotors? Took me literally 1min to remove both rotors using a hammer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

The hubs arrived quickly and were packaged IMHO below average. I say box was too big and flimsy for such heavy/bulky items, they were prob. bouncing around all over the place, even had couple puncture holes where studs went thru the thin cardboard. I immediately thought to myself "a smaller box with more packing material, would have been a better idea Jesse". I opened the tattered box and visually inspected items, w/o removing them and checking bearings for play, was super tired after working a 12hr day.

Today I take hubs out of box and immediately notice BOTH bearings are TOTALLY WASTED!
I contacted Jesse telling him the bearings are both shot. He responds saying bearings are not shot and were replaced 1yr ago(HIGHLY UNLIKELY!) He said if I ship everything back I would get a refund. I wanted a partial refund to cover replacing the bearing which was supposed to be good. I figured I'd cut my losses w/ the $79 and replace the bearing instead of risking getting beat on return shipping too top things off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Jesse began to get nasty with me calling he called me a liar, low life, thief, tool, nub, and crazy: all via text message... very mature!
I might have edged him on a bit using sarcasm but did not belittle him once... I did call him a moron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif this was after he insulted me more than once

Thought I would post b/c I was extremely ticked off with Jesse_W's attitude and I HATE to be taken advantage of especially by somebody as brainless as him! IMHO Jesse is an immature little boy who had no idea wheel bearings were bad due to a major lack of any automotive knowledge and/or experience. He was clearly trying to make a quick buck off somebody in need of something he had laying around. Jesse needed $ to buy underglow for his rusty Gvr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks!
Anthony Russo

Let’s just start at the beginning of this. This is his original add:

110of2k
110/2000

posted 12/26/10 01:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crashed my gvr4 into a curb driving like an ass...
I Need...
4lug front hub preferably with a good/newer wheel bearing
passenger front axle in good shape
15" wagon wheel, no cracks or bends
NEED PARTS ASAP!!!
PM [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 13 | From: Ocean County, NJ | Member Since: 12/26/10 | IP: (67.81.196.250) |

Jesse_W
IBREAK
483/

posted 12/26/10 02:02 PM

I’ve got the Hubs, drove fine last time i had them on .

91 Galant Vr4 483/2000
89 Mirage 4g63 272's big 16g Burn out machine.

Now He is completely accurate with his first text where he and i said via Text:
Him: 4lug, complete assembly, with good wheel bearings?"
ME:"yes I just did the 5lug swap"
As when I removed these from the galant there were no wheel bearing noise. I did not check them for play when I removed them as there was no need. After removal I put them in my storage building where they have sat since early summer. After receiving payment I grabbed them out of the building found the first box they fit in and mailed them out ASAP. I did not check these bearings before I sent them. As they were fine when I took them off.

Now the First Text I receive about these hubs/bearings is as followed:
Him: both wheel bearings are SHOT! like more play than I’ve every seen! when i asked "4lug. complete assembly with good wheel bearings? you responded Yes i just did the fix lug swap.
Him again: i would like a partial refund or i will leave appropriate "bad guys" post.

I respond:
Those wheel bearings are not shot I took those off my running galant when I did the 5 lug swap.
Me again: You can return them and I'll Gladly give a refund

More and more text go on with me calling him a liar him calling me a moron ect ect.

So it basically boils down to him wanting a partial refund and wanting me to go on his word and his word only. With no proof they are bad. Which I will not do.

If I receive the hubs back i will gladly Refund all Money spent end of story.

As for all this extra crap neon’s on my galant, my galant being rusty. Good burn.. Maybe you should find yourself a nice 1.6 Honda with an nice wing to drive as obviously the galant is to much power for you to keep away from curbs...

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Just a reminder, if anyone is wanting to post positive comments this is not the correct forum to post them. Jesse_W has a GG thread here.

Thanks.

clearly Jesse does not know if the bearings were "good" or not, therefore he sold them in unknown condition which IMHO is unacceptable. Just because they dont make noise dosent mean there good.

Sincerely,
Anthony Russo

edit: the back and forth jabs will not be allowed to continue from either party. post edited down to pertinent information.

Last edited by a moderator:

As stated Earlier Either send back the hubs so i can refund you and end this or stop complaining.

If some how thoes hub bearings where bad i'd even offer an apology as well as your money back, but obviously your trying to get parts for nothing, or these would have been sent back and refunded already.

Im done with this, at this point he is just wasting time.
Jesse

No need for a refund, I needed a "good" passangers side hub last weekend! At this point i'm just glad the board knows what happened.

Passangers side hub will have a fresh wheel bearing tomorrow and will be on my car by Sun... thanks for wasting my time Jesse!

As for the drivers side hub, ill likely swap that bearing as well and keep it for a spare.

Anthony

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned