The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Innovate wideband install questions

Rallytimebitches

I've done my best trying to search all forums involved, and figured I would ask my questions here. I've never really opened up and gotten into tuning dsm's, was always a fabricator, so my knowledge of many of these things is limited.

The wide and is an innovate mtx-l. I plan on running it in the second position (further from the turbo). I have removed the ecu from the chassis so I can see the plugs and locate the open egr input for the analog input from the gauge. Here's where my questions begin:

1) when installing the wire into the egr input, do I have to pin this wire to fit into said input? What's involved here? I'm new to dabbling with ecu's.
2) what do I do with the "in" and "out" plugs that run from the back of the gauge?
3) once I have power to the system, grounded, and installed into the open egr input, I then open ecmlink and choose to log this data, correct?

Thanks ahead of time. I appreciate your help and patience. I'm doing my best to figure this stuff out without asking by using the search function on all dsm forums. Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

Rallytimebitches

Here's a rough pic of the ecu. #15 is the egr input. What do I need to do to get the analog wideband wire into that slot?

Also, what should I pull power off of for the gauge? Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned