The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Help on shipping a rearend?

Metallihawk

I believe I've seen a guide to shipping a rearend on here before, but can't seem to find it with a search. If not must have been on another dsm site. Anyway, any tips on how to ship one? Should I just get a plastic tote and place all the parts in it? How could I go about shipping the complete assembly? Advice or experiences apreciated, thanks.

---Nate

atc250r

Staff member
I ship the center section and axles separately. Each in their own sturdy box.

boostedinaz

When I was looking to ship a 4 bolt in became a huge pain in the ass. I took the axles out and placed them in a small but beefy box. When I weighed it it was 90 lbs and about 18" cube. All my shipping quotes were about 100.00 because of weight.

atc250r

Staff member
I shipped one not that long ago and it definitely wasn't $100 to ship, I wonder why you got such a high quote. The center section is 50lbs tops and the axles are probably about 25lbs for the pair.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned