The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo swapped vr4

raptorWagon

Quoting 91Vr4white:

Now if we are just talking about standard swap stuff (wiring little cutting and welding, BFF) then to me it's a no brainer and i really don't understand all the hate.
I've done many swaps before. 4.6 fox body's swapped Hondas a few from the ground up builds. I haven't really looked at the Evo yet so there may be something obvious I'm over looking. Its just an idea I'm tossing around. But can anyone give me more of a reason then it's just not worth it? My understand is the Evo drive train would handle the power levels I'm looking for with ease. Not to mention better breaks and whatever suspension pieces I can use.

Don't confuse Mitsubishis with silly Hondas or v6 mudstangs, we don't require stupid amount of extra crap just to handle 400whp lol. Short Answer GVR4s = Evo 0s essentially (except we got all base model GVR4s pretty much with the 14b).

misterfixit

Quoting 91Vr4white:
I have a 92 gvr4 with almost 200k on the clock. I found a 2003 Evo 8 that's totaled for cheap tossing around the idea of a full swap. Drive train suspension brakes. Electronics everything. What do you guys think? Ability is not a problem just wondering what I might get myself into. Tried searching but couldn't find any real info.

Engine fits in with the T-Belt at the other side of the engine bay and flows across it in the other direction. Evo 3 was the last with the tbelt at the left side of the bay. All subsequent had the tbelt at the right side.

Rich

raptorWagon

Plus all Evos are 7 bolts, that itself equals differences in certain components and wiring.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Evo into an 8g galant is a more reasonable swap idea.

You can use the suspension/diff/brakes (sort of) and the ECU (with modification), valve train (but I would not tear the engine apart for just that...).

LIV4PSI

OP, most of those items can be used on our platforms. Well at least the struts, brakes, ECU, diff and valve train. Swapping internal parts from the EVO is common, it's the entire swap that doesn't happen ever.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned