The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

107/2000

JasonODB

Hello Galantvr4.org

I'm Jason from Colorado and I save awesome old cars, generally Audi/VW but now a #749 needs my help.

Here's my 87 GTI with a VR6 swap, Wavetrac, Cog belt driven V9 supercharger, VEMS standalone.

And I'm finishing up a 1990 Audi Coupe Quattro with a VR6 turbo conversion. DTA standalone, 1000cc, 118 octane, ball bearing Precision 67/66, and QUATTRO.

Here's a sweet video of the gti
click

I show you this so you know the car is now in good hands, and I need help to bring her back to original greatness and much improved with the last 20 years of technological advance and an awesome DSM community, especially the GVR4 folks. The car is a white non-sunroof 91. It has been passed around a lot and has had several drivetrains and is in pretty damn hacked up currently, especially the engine wiring harness. There's a bunch of butt connectors and soldered wires a couple inches back from the ecu too which is pretty scary. I'd really really REALLY start fresh with a factory uncut unmolested factory harness or a new harness. I know in the honda world people sell brand new harnesses. This car currently runs but it was put together junk yard style. I think the fuel pump is currently powered by a tapped stereo wire, no fuel gauge, no water temp gauge, no oil temp or press gauges, no reverse lights, fan wires are hacked.

It would be great to find some people locally with parts, but paying for shipping isn't a problem for me.

My goal for the car is 350-400 whp on a stock wiring harness and tuned(chipped) or somewhat tuneable factory ecu. Injectors, turbo, downpipe, exhaust, pistons, rods, the whole 9. I build motors so that's no problem to buy a bunch of parts and put them together, or I would be interested in something already built. I'd rather not drag this out over months and have parts taking up space that could be used fixing paying people's cars. I have 3 cars on standalone and for this car I'd prefer something that requires less thought honestly. I want to just start it and go everyday.

Need;
Uncut harnesses, engine, inside car at ecu,
Builder engine or built setup ready to throw in
white hood
white bumper
driver's seat
trunk carpet's
Correct fuel pump sender (when I got the car a few days ago the neither the return nor vent lines where connected as there was only 1 tube, and only 2 of the 6 8mm nuts holding the sending unit were present, and no damn rubber gasket. Jesus I'm glad I didn't blow up smoking menthol cig., the sending unit doesn't even have a gauge sender, it's from a totally different car)
Nice suspension setup
exhaust

I appreciate your time and consideration. I am a true car enthusiast and in my opinion this is one of the greatest cars every built, just like my GTI, and my 89 Civic that my dad bought brand new in 89 and has been in our family on the og engine for all 250k miles.

Thanks,
Jason
[email protected]

Last edited:

JasonODB

Audi Coupe Engine

Audi Coupe Slightly bigger brake setup

2000GTX

Awesome cars man.

Love that your dad bought a 89 civic new. My dad did the same, sadly, about 6 years later the entire driver's side floor was rotted out and he crushed it and bought a Corsica.

Either way, welcome to the site.

5OF2k

Welcome! Always nice to see a fellow CO member.

Dig the MkII as well, I've always wanted to do a VR6'd MkII gti or gli. I still might someday, I'll have to pick your brain.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What part of CO do you hail from? Looks like Denver-ish to me....?

-Jake

DynastyLCD

welcome to the org! some sweet V.A.G. products ya got there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif is that a twin disc or a triple on the coupe engine?

i had a '91 Audi 90 5 cyl 20v quattro a LONG time ago. loved that car! and one of my good friends i met at tech school had the same thing, but teal, gutted, and turbo. RS2 wannabe. his father had a 460 AWHP '02 S4... one of the top 5 favorite cars i've ever driven. i dream of a nogaro blue '02 S4... i'll probably only ever dream of it since i couldn't bring myself to spend money or frustration like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

MellowVR4

SWEEET V-DUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

donkeylips

Welcome!
It is interesting that you've chosen a GVR4 as a car you can use to "get in and go everyday"; this doesn't seem to work well for most people. But looking at your other cars I'm sure you'll have no problem. I love my GVR4 as a daily driver.

nemovr4

Welcome, awesome to see another CO member joining up. This is an amazing source of information!!

I feel like I have seen that 87 GTI around...BW Performance?

JasonODB

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I knew this site would be a place to find great people and information.

Well here she is folks, #749 in all her glory.

It looks like DSMLink V3 is the way to go on these engines, and it's really affordable coming from the world of expensive audi parts. I still need a nice clean engine wiring harness to start with though.

Folks in Colorado, I'm looking to buy stuff NOW, let me know what you have.

My red gti has been around a couple years and it may have been at a Bluewater event but I'm not affiliated with that shop.

So any DSM get togethers in Colorado? I'm in the Colorado area.

Also, I have a MIG welder in my garage and a powdercoating system coming next week. I LOVE working on cars and am happy to lend a helping hand.

Jason
303-907-5219

And here's my other 91. It's an Audi 200 20v turbo with RS2 turbo, exh. manifold, injectors, chip, 1.8 bar wastegate spring, Bilstein sports, and H&R springs.

img.php

turbowop

I'm your opposite. I'm an old GVR4 guy that went with a newer Audi for a daily driver. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quoting DynastyLCD:
i dream of a nogaro blue '02 S4...

I love that color.

Last edited:

BpuVR4

nogaro blue eh? i never knew what that color was called...would always just refer to it as clay blue...definitely one of my favorite shades on a car.

GVR47111K

Welcome, I'll trade you a VW belt buckle for welding skillz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JasonODB

#749 is with a friend and now I own;

#107/2000

91 non sunroof, working equalizer stereo with aux. input jack. Super clean inside and out, bad engine. BAD rod knock, cracked ex. manifold, crumpled intercooler inlet, etc. etc. I limped it 8.9/9 miles home and with 2 turns left I blew up my first engine. And laughed hysterically about it. My intention was built engine anyways, and clean ass platform to begin with.

Built, assembled,and tuned by me, machine shop work by Ridge Reamer.

.020 turbo block with oil squirters
Wiseco 1400 HD pistons 8.5:1
Eagle forged rods
ARP everything
Kiggley Girdle
OEM Mitsubishi MLS headgasket
Unknown parts built head, 272 cams
FIC 1150's
FP Cast manifold
Billet wheel 20G/td06sl
3" downpipe to tip, sometimes a cat
Punishment O2 Housing with Tial Wastegate
ETS intercooler and piping kit
Tial BOV
ECMlink V3, SD tuned

Anyways there's a bunch more done, and a bunch more to come. I get funny reaction s when I tell people I actually have the car of my dreams. I fall more in love with this car everytime I drive it. People talk about different cars to build and it's hard to think of anything I would want more than my VR4.

On to the pics

Doing alignment after BC coilovers and Ingalls adjustable rear upper control arms

At a car's and coffee meet with 2 of my white brother's

Evo9 MR seats

GotInsulin

I think you might know my buddy Kyle with the blue bagged CC on the Bentley winter wheels; we were just talking about you and your cars at H2oi last weekend. Small, small world.

Glad to see the car is very good hands!

JasonODB

GSTwithPSI

Gawd, I love the Evo 9 Recaro seats in the VR-4. That's high up on my list of future upgrades for my car.

Looks like you have a great base to start building on. Nice progress, and I'm looking forward to more updates. I know one of the other cars in the pic is Ethan's, whose is the other?

P.S. Nice wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Ralli380Gvr4

Jason! The seats look amazing! Glad your back on the .org

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned